[bmw] banana in the tailpipe

Gentlemen
   I've always been goal oriented, so the goal for the end of a very
long day was to have the Weber Carb bolted to the manifold, and I'd
ad the air cleaner in the morning.
   The next day, the air cleaner went on without a hitch, but on
start-up, the motor would roar to life, then sputter and die.
   I stupidly repeated this a couple of times before lifting the lid
off of the air cleaner to find the plastic protective shipping lid
was still atop the Weber carb.

  Dan Patzer the CyberWrench from BIMMERS ONLY Seattle's exclusive BMW
hobby shop
Providing O.E.M. parts, Independent service & Instruction since 1964
  12724  Marine Drive,  Marysville, Wa. 98271  425-259-3601
72' tii touring   K1200LT   85' 732i   R850R
http://www.nwlink.com/~bmrfamly/
BMWCCA TECH SERVICE ADVISOR from upper left corner of map
MEMBER IBMWSP