[bmw] Magnecor plug wires

My 91 325 needs a set of ignition wires.

Has anyone used Magnecor Spark plug wires? http://www.apexperformance.net/magnecor_wires.htm

I saw somewhere on the web to order them in the 7mm size so they will fit in the oem wireway.

They are about $85.00 plus shipping. STI makes an aftermarket wire for $160.00 http://www.karlynsti.com/ which looks good as well.

Bavarian auto sells a set for $150.00 as well.

I sure like the $40.00 lifetime warranty sets for my V8 Chevvies!

Any listers ever build their own harness? Bulk wire is Cheeeeep! I think the resistance is in the connectors on Bimmers..anyone know? Here is STI's take on why the BMW wires are so Pricey: http://www.karlynsti.com/Folders/spiro_core_mag_wire_ist_verboten2.htm

Anyone ever try and reuse the ends and just replace the wires?

Any thoughts on this subject are appreciated.

Thanks, Dave Leonard

88 735i
91 325ic
93 Suburban4wd(with an new set of Belden/Napa 'Lifetime Premium' wires, as the Accel cheapies started arcing thru the plug boots, and I had an old beat up set sitting around from an 84 Caprice that I owned years ago. The Napa guys didn't bat an eye yesterday when they gave me a brand new set on warranty!("Did you buy these last year or the year before?" "uh.. I think 1996".. "Oh..no problem, there is a slip up front so your warranty will still be good"

There is something to be said for American cars/trucks..the parts are plentiful and cheap..The alternator was $90.00 rebuilt, the exhaust cost $140....Shocks are $38 each for Rancho Gas 5000's..

Lifetime warranties are cool too if you run your junk as long as I..I went thru 4 sets of premium NAPA brakes pads in 235k miles on my Saab Turbo..only ever bought the first set.. the rest were warranty! You can bet the 6,000 lb behemoth Suburban is running lifetime pads, not that you can get it to stop anyway.....better figure out where to point it, cuz it ain't gonna stop quick!

Dave Leonard