RE: [bmw] Re: easy oil changes

Hi Ric,
     These washers were way too small for the oil plug, and they were
both the same size.  I didn't see one on the top housing when I changed
the oil, but as yourself, Art, Greg, and Brad have suggested, the
smaller ones must have been for there and I just looked and noticed it.
I never took the old one off.  Oh well, nothing is leaking.  I also
bought a composite washer at Pep Boys for the drain pan bolt, but I
didn't like the way that felt when it tightened, so I replaced that one
with the previous metal one which is still not leaking.  I'll keep an
eye out for leaks and now that I know, I'll do it right the next time
with the right parts.
     This oil "pump" you link to is a peculiar thing.  It seems like a
nifty idea.  Can you use it with the engine oil hot?  And do you get as
many of the particulates out this way compared to just letting it flow
out the drain?

Ed

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDispla
y?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=10677

And it makes an oil change a 5 minute affair.
<snip>