[bmw] Why so few 1996 M3 and pricing...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've been scouring the web and newspapers for a M3 sedan (manual) in
decent condition. Ended up finding a 1996 M3 (2 dr) and while doing
research on said vehicle's price, I noticed a smaller number of 1996's
compared to 1995 and 1997.

Does anyone have any exact numbers on the number of NA 1996 M3's
produced? The M3 FAQ just gives entire numbers for the 3.2 M3 and
doesn't break the production down by year.

Also, what would be a fair price for a 1996 M3 (white/black) exterior
appears to be flawless (have seen car in person) Interior looks
flawless, but haven't been in the car yet (tomorrow, hopefully).
Mileage is around 73K.

Also, I haven't driven the car, so I can't speak as to the car's
mechanical condition. The owner's are asking $19.2K, www.edmunds.com
price for a private seller is around $17.6 (the car was categorized
w/the highest condition). I was going to offer $18.2K (go as high as
$18.6) if the car checks out, would this be reasonable?

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend.

--
Best regards,
 Mike Jones                       mailto:mike.mary@domain.elided