[bmw] Re: 1999 528iT problem

Don't know about the Goodrich tires but I put some Pirelli's on my iT sport
and have a noise problem. Some of it is from having the wheel wells open to the
passenger space cuz some sound is muffled by using the pullover cargo
curtain. When I took them off to put on my snows, I took a rasp and went after the
edges to remove some of the feathering. It seemed to help and I didn't take off
much rubber. 40,000 on the tires and still lots of wear left so I will live
with it.
A guy at the dealer who did engineering work at Michelin rode with me to make
sure it wasn't balance or bearings. He said the aggressive tread was the
cause and the cure was Michelins at twice the price and half the wear. The
Pirelli's are all weather tires, although I asked for summer treads when I bought at
Tire Rack. Won't make that mistake again - will probably buy Kumho Exta MX's.
The comments were generally favorable for this tire.
Hope this helps.
Fred Callender RMC