[bmw] 1999 528it sport tire problem

I just purchased a 99 528it with the sport
package, 17" wheels etc.
The previous owner put on the Goodrich
G-Force KDMS and I think they are the
noisiest tires I have ever owned.  Has anyone
else had a problem with these on a 528?
I get road noise but also a grinding sound when
I turn the wheel to the right or left.
The car has 48K on it and I wonder if the front
bearings are on their way out?
I have the CPO extended warranty to 2005.
Does anyone know if bearings are covered on the
extended warranty?  I just had the wheels balanced
on a Hunter 9700 and a four wheel alignment done
and neither place said anything about bearings.
THanks in advance for any info you might share.
John Callahan
#66620

1999 528it
1975 2002  (garage queen, show car on nice days only)