[bmw] Rear Ended '89 635

Dear Digest,
I was rear ended two days ago and crumpled my chasis on both sides above the wheel wells.  Glass and trunk lid are intact.

Does anyone have knowledge about the wisdom of repairing damage this severe?  I know it will have to go on a rack to pull the unibody into spec, but I wonder if there will be problems down the road.

It seems to drive and handle fine now, even with the damage.

Hingson
Honolulu, HI