[bmw] New 5's vs. old 5

In addition, could someone that knows both models - new 5 and the most
recent old 5 - compare the two?  I imagine that we could be seeing some
pretty good deals with two or three year old 5 series models.  I am
considering my 1994 540iA.  The car has only 87,000 miles but it needs about
$2,000 of trim and rubber door seals along with a new windshield.  Other
than that it seems pretty good yet old (the car has the original engine - no
update).

TIA,
tsp
94 540iA