Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:22:36 -0400
From: "Watry, Andrew (LNG-SFR)" <Andrew.Watry@domain.elided>
Subject: [bmw] E28 control arm bushing

Is it the upper control arm (also called the "push strut"?) bushin that
commonly wears out on E28s, not the lower control arm? If so, a couple
questions:
* I've heard of a bushing upgrade; is it the 750 bushing?
* If the bushing is worn out, is it common that the ball joint at the other
end is worn too, and it makes sense to replace the whole arm rather than
press in a new bushing?
* It looks like a possible home-repair job without having to remove/compress
the strut.  True?

Thanks for any advice.

Andrew Watry
85 535i