Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:01:17 -0400
From: "Serge Maillet" <serge.maillet@domain.elided>
Subject: Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:01:17 -0400
From: "Serge Maillet" <serge.maillet@domain.elided>
Subject: [bmw] E36: ECU Failure??

Hi folks,

Last weekend I washed my '97 E36 with one of those high pressure washers
(home version). That same night while driving, my check engine light
came on. Today the BMW mechanic told me the computer was reporting an
engineering error.. so he checked the ECU and it was damp inside.. and
some water. He told me he let it try, resealed, reset the ECU and no
more check engine light. Well tonight it came back on..  could this mean
that my ECU got damaged and need replacing? On average, how much would I
pay for one of those units in used condition from a junkyard? Argh..
this is so fustrating. Thanks for any advice!

Serge Maillet
mailto: serge.maillet@domain.elided

Hi folks,

Last weekend I washed my '97 E36 with one of those high pressure washers
(home version). That same night while driving, my check engine light
came on. Today the BMW mechanic told me the computer was reporting an
engineering error.. so he checked the ECU and it was damp inside.. and
some water. He told me he let it try, resealed, reset the ECU and no
more check engine light. Well tonight it came back on..  could this mean
that my ECU got damaged and need replacing? On average, how much would I
pay for one of those units in used condition from a junkyard? Argh..
this is so fustrating. Thanks for any advice!

Serge Maillet
mailto: serge.maillet@domain.elided

Confidentiality Message
This e-mail message is confidential and is intended for the exclusive use
of the addressee. Any other person is strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing or reproducing it. If the addressee cannot be reached or is
unknown to you, please inform the sender by return e-mail immediately and
delete this e-mail message and destroy all copies. Thank you.

Avis de confidentialiti
Ce message, transmis par courriel, est confidentiel et est ` l'usage
exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus. Toute autre personne est par les
prisentes avisie qu'il lui est strictement interdit de le diffuser, le
distribuer ou le reproduire. Si le destinataire ne peut jtre joint ou vous
est inconnu, veuillez informer l'expiditeur par courrier ilectronique
immidiatement et ditruire ce message et toute copie de celui-ci. Merci.