[bmw] E36 creeks and moans (interior)

Hi folks,

My '97 E36 (328i) has developed really annoying creeks and moans coming from the interior pannels. It seems like most of the noise is coming from the rear door interior pannels which seem to make noise when the body is flexing.. which is almost all the time, with the exception of smooth freeway driving. The rear deck (platform below rear window) is also making a buzzing sound.

My car has been modified suspension wise, having been lowered 2 inches so I understand the ride will be more firm.. but is this a common problem with the E36's and is there anyway to remedy this problem? Any reply would be greatly appreciated!

Serge Maillet
E: serge.maillet@domain.elided