[bmw] Few Questions about 2001 740i

Recently we bought a used 2001 740i with sport package.  It is a
fantastic car but it has a few problems that I would like help on:

1- Occasionally there a message appears indicating to something to the
fact of service the car soon.  The "soon" is what is weird to me.  This
is displayed on the bottom left hand side of the instrument cluster and
not the main display which is in bottom center of the cluster.  I have
seen this disappear once but it is back on again.

2- The alarm system seems to be partially working.  When locking the car
we can hear any auidble indication that the car is been armed.  To test
it, I sat in the car after my wife locked me in and managed to trigger
the motion sensor. No audible noise except for head lights going on/off.
Is there a control unit somewhere.  I am assuming that the horn works
but come to think of it can not remember using it.

3- Today we noticed a water leak from underneath the car. Initially I
write off as the condensation caused by the AC running.  However my wife
is complaining that she felt something was robbing power away from the
engine and also there was a whistling noise from the AC in the car.  I
know that this may not be enough solid data but any hints would be
appreciated.

4- Window tint.  The car comes in with pretty dark window tint.  I was
wondering if this is standard on the Sport Package or something the
previous owner add on.  Also the back one has a few scratches.  I am
toying with the idea of having all of the window tints removed instead
of fixing the scratches.

I appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

David