M3 muffler on e36

Well, one thing I know is my muffler is shot and needs to be replaced on
my '92 325i

I've read elsewhere that getting a used M3 muffler would work, but there
seems to be some debate over which years' M3 will work for which
3-series without *much* modification.

Anyone happen to know?   Also, have heard there are stainless brackets,
etc. available, and since the M3 muffler is (I believe) stainless, I'd
like stainless brackets too--anyone with a source?

Thanks again, folks!

Doug