Re: Digital Climate Control Conversion

"R o d r i g o" <hotrod@domain.elided> wrote:

> Has anyone converted their rotary style HVAC to the digital style found
> on later model e-36's?

I remember reading that someone on the E36M3 list had done that.

> I want to change mine (1992 325i sedan) to a digital (1998).
> How is it gonna be possible, what are the parts I'll need?

Anything is possible given enough $$$.
For this project, you will need at least a new '96+ E36 HVAC interface
box, new heater box with electric step motors for all three air
passageways (I would not buy that one used) and possibly a new wiring
harness. You will need to tear apart the dashboard and likely splice a lot
of wires to replace and hook-up all of the above.
This is all doable, but neither simple, nor inexpensive nor for the faint
of heart.

> Does anyone have any step by step procedure?

Someone probably does. Try google.com

Good luck,
alex f