535 hesitation

Ray-- I'm not sure if there's a parallel in the e28's anatomy, but a
similar problem was solved in my e34 after we discovered a bolt securing
the AC compressor had come lose and the compressor had pushed in the
crank sensor. The sensor was sending erratical signals to the ECU and
the car had major idling problems, but all is fine with a replaced sensor (and tightened bolt). Good luck.

Blake
89 535

hi all,
i am at my wits end with this hesitating/stumbling/backfire (popping) at low RPM (1200+) or on initial acceleration.
Always seems to run well when i startup in the morning, but after running for a while (and especially with extended idiling) this phenomenon of hesitating..choke..backfire pop..push tha accelerator all the way down and still nothing..just jerky lurches with a lot of popping!!...and then off we go!! but come to a stop and idle and it happens all over again.
I have changed ICV,fuel filter, fuel pressure gauge and because it seemed to be a temp related problem, i changed the coolant temp sensor. No dice.
My idle is always steady at about 650..rough but steady..changed all the vac hoses..plugs etc..but thats another problem..
just wish I can get to the bottom of the hesitating..
Thanks all
ray