E36 Airbag Light On

Hi,
I recently had my passenger seat repaired on a 1997 328ic and the repairman
kept the seat at his shop until the part arrived a day later.  When I drove
off from his shop I noticed the airbag/srs light on my dashboard but figured
that when he put the seat back on and connected the seatbelt/power
seat/heater plugs it would disappear.  Well, it is still there after the
seat got installed.  I disconnected the battery and put it back on but that
didn't work either.  Is there a trick out there to get the light to go off
without having to go to the dealer and paying them to reset the light?

Thanks,

Bertan Erdi
'97 328ic