E30 parts identification needed

I am parting out a E30 1991 318is and need some assistance identifying a few
parts and interchangeability.

Will the five speed transmission from my car also fit the 1992 E36 318is?
What is the function of the computer module mounted under the dash to the
left of the steering wheel and to the left of the yellow airbag controller?
It is Bosch part number 0 265 103 041.
The previous owner of the car said there was a upgraded performance chip.
Where is it located?

Several items are on ebay under my id BIMMER1996.  I hope to set up an Ebay
store to sell some of the larger items such as doors, window glass, and
parts that did not sell after the initial 10 day auction expires.

Thanks in advance,

Howie
1991 318is red, road-worthy
1991 318is white, parts car.

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of Howard Kohn.vcf]