re: Won't Start 85/535i

Reviewing the list of replaced parts and attempted
diagnoses, I notice that the coolant temperature
sensor has not been replaced.  Also, you may with to
try another known good Air Flow Meter.
     The AFMs wear on the carbon band that the pointer
makes contact with.  As the carbon wears thinner, you
get intermittent contacts in different places, subject
also to thermal expansion and contraction.
     With the coolant temperature sensor, if the ECU
gets a wacko signal it has no idea how rich or lean to
adjust the mixture from baseline, and whether or not
to fire the cold start injector, at least in lay terms.
Good Luck,

'jk

Replying to:
Subject: 85/535i - Itermittent Starting problems.
Hello follow digesters.
My car does not start every time. Sometimes I can turn
the engine over....