Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 12:04:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Peter <f1_rennsport@domain.elided>
Subject: E30 - Gas smell whereabouts

Hello,

Recently I've noticed the smell of gas while driving my '90 E30. I thought initially that I might have dragged some gas in with me on my shoes whiloe pumping. But the smell persists. The car has 114K on it and may need a new fuel pump. How can one tell if the pump is going? Also, if not the pump, has anyone had the same experience - can you point me in the right direction to find the potential leak?

Thank you