[alfa] Re: 2 liter horsepower (Was Peter's comments)

> Well we are sort of in agrement. I just think you maybe 20 more hp than you
> think.
> My experience has shown 180hp for the 2lt and 200hp for a twin spark to be a
> resonable expectation for a race engine if its going to last. If I had a
> spare 60k Aus Id ask benica to build me one of there 700 hp turbo engines. I
> dont think they would last for to long before a rebuild so I would have to
> give em another 20k every race or two. At times they have been seriously
> commited to racing Im just an amature with no budget so I cant afford things
> like monoliners. Some of the guys here get 340 360hp from fuel injected
> 3.4lt V6's. Thats impressive!
> Cheers,
> Dean

What would be a reasonable expectation for a street 2 liter with carbs and
10548 cams and one of the high compression piston and liner sets?  How would
one get there?  I have read in various books about 160-170 horsepower not
being unreasonable to expect out of a euro spec engine.  The 2 liter I
bought very slightly used has a high compression piston and liner set, 10548
cams, Dellortos (40s), euro airbox, and the fan is now electric and off the
belt.  I do not have access to a dyno out here in rural Idaho.

Cheers,

Steve
71 Berlina