RE: [alfa] Alfa Romeo Brabham

> Was it Patrick Depaillers death in a testing accident at
> Hockenheim in 1980
> that caused Alfa to pull out of F1?
> Positive feedback only please

No debate, just a clarification...

What year was the Benneton Alfa F1 car?  Thought that was in the 80s some
time.   I recall there being an Alfa in the field in the late 80s turbo era.
The Alfa had a turbo fire almost every race :(

It occurs to me, a step back into F1 would be a logical step with their
success in touring cars and F3 over the last 8-10 years.   I guess Ferrari
are carrying the torch for the FIAT group.   Those 3 world championships are
a hard act to follow.  OTOH, if racing does in fact promote sales, Alfa
could use the boost more than Ferrari.

-Peter