[alfa] Re: Brake Lines

Paul asked about making new steel brake lines, and Richard gave some good options on how to do so.  Another option that I used when I needed to replace a couple of lines on my 1961 102 Series Spider was to have a place here in Phoenix called "All Tube and Hose" bend me a set using the old ones as a model (I'm sure most larger cities have an equivalent type of outfit; this place caters to the race and hotrod set).  They cleaned up and reused the fittings so that was not an issue.  They were done the same day, were pretty much spot on, and the cost was about 30 bucks a piece.  Not cheap, but worth it to me since I don't have a tubing bender and I would probably trash that much tubing in the process anyway :<)

Arno Leskinen
Gilbert AZ USA
61 102
92 115