[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #1196 - de-Tensioner Replacement

I have had cars with both the oil fed de-tensioner and the factory replacement. When I changed the timing belt on my cars with the oil fed de-tensioner I completely rebuilt it at every t-belt change. Never had any oil leaks from the oil fed de-tensioner. On my cars with the factory replacement I REPLACED the de-tensioner with every SECOND t-belt replacement. In doing so I NEVER had a problem with either! My experience hope it helps. And by the way I will be restoring my '84 GTV6 shortly and using the original OIL FED de-tensioner on the engine.

Regards,
Roger

> From: owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided (alfa-digest)
> Date: 2004/03/20 Sat AM 03:20:58 GMT
> To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
> Subject: alfa-digest V9 #1196

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment with a content-type header it could not parse.]