[alfa] RE: GTV Glue-in Windshields

Hello

I believe that glue-in windshields for the GTVs are NLA. The good news is
that a gasket type windscreen and gasket is all you need. The actual window
opening is same for glue-in and gasket type cars, the glue-in is just a
little larger. Re-Originals has batches of the trim made in Italy($$).

I ended up smashing the old one out of my car with a hammer. I understand
that there are tools the pros use, some sort of wire thingy. I was unable to
install the new trim with the windshield because the trim is slightly out of
shape and wouldn't allow the window, gasket and trim to fit into the car
altogether. Me & a friend spent an entire evening trying to get it to fit,
but we ran out of time and installed the windscreen without the trim. Again,
a pro probably would have had a much easier time with it. In retrospect, I
think this sort of thing is better left to a professional with the right
tools and experience. It's alot cheaper to pay someone else instead of
(maybe) buying a second piece of glass!

Good luck!

Rich M
72 GTV (still for sale. Waiting of spring to take & post some pictures)
67 Gilera 124 5V