Re: [alfa] 6 belt, etc

The belt and pump change of 30K miles is recommended by most dealers, but the tensioner interval is controversial.  I have about 50K and 100K miles on two of these tensioners on our 164s and don't plan on changing them. I do inspect them for proper spring tension and bearing movement when doing the belt change.  Based on recent discussions, I suspect that the newer batches of tensioners may have a high failure rate, so I'm keeping the old ones!

Does anyone know for sure if a new timing belt that has been sitting on the shelf for 10 years is ok to use?
-Farzan