RE: [alfa] liner-block clearance

John -

I stand corrected, I just checked the book (three actually).

I could've sworn there was a spec in the manual for the height without the o
rings, but I can't find it at the moment.

Just checked three different manuals ...

From the manual:

- Thoroughly clean liners and bores in the block.
-  Install seal
- insert liners in block
- install liner hold down tools A.20117
- tighten retainer nuts to 7.4 to 11.1 ft lbs
- measure liner protrusion above the block

Protrusion should be .0004" to .0024"

Sorry for the confusion, my manuals and reference materials are in the
garage and the computer is not. Often times I'm too lazy to go check things
that I think I am sure of. Of course when I put things together, I do always
refer to the books as they are right there.

I will now go stand in the corner facing the wall for a 1/2 hour :-)

Jeff