[alfa] RE: Transmission gear lightening

Merritt Carden, in Newark, California, has been lightening Alfa tranny gears
for ages.  His phone number is 510-797-2446.  Tom Sahines, also in the Bay
Area, is well known for his engine and transmission work.  He can be
contacted through Overheard Cams.  Tom specifies that his transmissions use
ONLY 80W-90 Shell Spirax.  I've found his advice to be spot on for
everything Alfa.

A friend and I are both finishing up similar engine and transmission
transplants in our 67 GTVs.  His uses a tranny with Merritt Carden lightened
gears.  Mine was done by Tom.

Lyford Hale