RE: [alfa] 1967 GTV with factory sunroof?

In AD V9 #1181 almost unnoticed due to the ranting about the direction of
AROC,  Rodney Leng asked:

"Could someone tell me if the 1967 GTVs had a factory sunroof option?"

Existence of factory sunroofs in 105/115 GTV's is an age old question
someone attempted to answer on the Alfa Digest a couple of years ago. They
looked at parts catalogs and the earliest models with a sunroof was the
Alfetta series and they were manual sunroofs. The power sunroof didn't
appear in parts manuals until the Milano. Also someone else who has access
to people who worked at ARI in New Jersey in the late 60's and 70's asked if
GTV's came with factory sunroofs (you can prolly figure out who). Their
answer:

NEVER HAPPENED.

Do you remember factory power sunroofs?

NO.

factory manual sunroofs?

NO.

port-installed sunroof conversions?

IN SOME MARKETS SUCH AS UK, YES THERE WERE.

or dealer-installed sunroof conversions on US-spec cars in the 1750 and 2000
era?

YES, USUALLY THROUGH ONE OF THE AUTHORIZED INSTALLERS, WEBASTO WAS COMMON AS
WERE TWO OR THREE OTHERS, HOWEVER ALL I REMEMBER WERE MANUALLY OPERATED.

Most of the sunroofs I have seen or heard about prior to these were either
clearly aftermarket products and/or German "Webasto" sunroofs.

CORRECT!!!!!! DEALERS ALL OVER THE WORLD DID HAVE SUNROOFS INSTALLED,
SOLIDS, GLASS, AND I EVEN SAW SOME FABRICS. NOT UNCOMMON AT ALL.

The source also indicated that there should be a owners manual supplement
from the roof manufacturer with the car and a label inside the slide rails
with the manufacturer name.

Cheers,
John
Seattle, WA