[alfa] Digest contributions

Unsolicited support for Richard:

I've been on the Digest since about 1996, give or take a year. In all that
time I've seen Richard to be quite modest about his expenditures in both time
and money. The fact that his current plea for assistance is less modest that
I've ever seen should get some lurkers and newbies to contribute.

Me? Every time I see a support request, I think back on what money and
aggravation the Digest has saved me, even though I'm mostly a checkbook
mechanic. I also think about the virtual comraderie and enjoyment I get out of
reading this Digest. I then contribute a small percentage of that value. How
about you?

But now my family and I are entering into a rather severe
belt tightening; things are getting very stressful around
here. While I do deeply appreciate the contributions of
those who have done so, I'm seeing another message here,
which is that 95% of the readership doesn't think these lists
are worth even $5 a year.