Re: [alfa] re: Alfa's direction

So can we in NA get Alfa to do a swap or retro-fit for our bad perception? Can we drop-in the new design engines to our std or auto 164's and Milanos?

Bernie

KStevenson wrote:

I'm still dismayed by the 3 liter tensioner. It's real simple, if Alfa
went back to 6 cylinders with timing chains, you will see more
Alfas here!

Alfa Romeo redesigned the V6 timing belt path in 1998. The new belt
change interval is 120k Km. Even the 12V V6 2.0 turbo had the timing
belt path redesigned. By running the oil pump directly from the
crankshaft, the old oil pump/distributor cog was done away with. The new
timing belt path is symmetric and not subject to slip on the right head.
The USA perception of AR t-belts does not reflect current reality.
Ken Stevenson
Dallas, Texas