[alfa] Re: Spider hood woes / Duetto trunk latch

I had this problem when a breeze slammed the hood on my Duetto so hard that
the latch stuck.  Always use the hood prop, even if you're just going to
have it open a couple seconds!  I reached through the bumpers, reached up to
the front hinges with a 10mm box wrench and removed the four hinge bolts
(two per side) that bolt to the hood.  I was then able to lift the front of
the hood enough to get to the latch in the back.  Very tedious and probably
not the best way (pre-digest days).  After looking at a '77 Spider that I'm
parting out, I'm pretty sure that this would only work with a series 1
Spider ('66-'69).

In a similar vien, I discovered a kind of goofy method that worked pretty
good for adjusting the trunk latch on the same car.  I removed the "Alfa
Romeo" trunk script, put a strong flashlight in the trunk and pointed it at
the latch.  I then closed the trunk while peering through one of the holes
for the script and could just see the latch and hook alignment so I could
tell which way to adjust the hook.

Bill Sinclair
Hampton, VA
67 Duetto