[alfa] Tickets for San Marino GP

I was there last year and was visiting a friend in the area. Had the weekend free and was closeby and figured I'd check out the F1 scene even if I couldn't afford a ticket and took the train.

The trains get quite packed like sardine cans but met a couple of traveling Austrians who were there to root for the Petronas team. A nice gathering of F1 fans.

Once we got to Imola, the trek across town is fun as the town is well prepared to greet the spectators. Minardi, as always, like to show off first and have a stand in town showing off some classic racing Minardis.

At the ticket booth area there should be flyers with the prices and the expected Italian scalpers will attack you with their "deals" which turn out to be the same or higher than the standard prices. I was lucky enough to spot an English woman selling her extra ticket from $80 to $50 and took it.

They were located at Tosa Curve on the grass and was a decent spot considering there was a huge tv screen to catch all the action I would undoubtedly will miss seeing a live event.

Not sure if the grand stand is such an idea spot. After the race, Schumacher's grid spot was like standing on holy grounds as he won  the first race of the season for Ferrari. Also they let the fans onto the track and I collected a few "marbles"(even tried to sell some on Ebay, alas, no takers).

Definitely a great day.

I also ventured to the Principality of San Marino and Modena. San Marino is somewhat charming but not worth the effort to visit. Modena was nice. Don't miss the Fiorano Track a short walk away from the Galleria! There is a spot where you see the cars on the track and a few local people are there catching a glimpse of the action.

Rod