[alfa] Was: Throttle Sticking, and Teflon bushings

Gwynne Spencer's solution to his throttle shaft bushing reminded me that I
have been meaning to ask the Collective Wisdom of the Digest about the
clutch pedal in my 1982 GTV6. I'm curious if there is some kind of bushing
in the pedal itself, its construction, and/or replacement possibilities.
Mine occasionally makes a crackling sound, and I wonder if this is some kind
of clue of imminent failure. Naturally, there's not a lot of viewing space,
and I'd love to know of anyone else's opinion.

Jim Barrett

Huntington Beach, CA USA

PS- Took the aforementioned Suedemobile to hear Los Lobos (Just Another Band
from East L.A.) last Friday night; while parking, a young gentleman
directing traffic absolutely pinned his eyes on our car. Although it is a
bit noisy (ahem!), he had to know its marque, and responded with a great
smile!