[alfa] carburettor tuning tools

While looking around for carburettor tuning tools last week, I cam across the
Gunson Colortune.
What this is, is a spark plug with a window in the top, so you can see inside
your cylinder and tell how the mixture is burning according to its colour.
It is read much like when setting up an oxy torch: bright and blue is
correct, weak and blue is too lean, yellow/orange, too rich.

I found a number of testimonials in various places as well -- there seems
wide agreement that it's a great product.  It seemed particularly popular
with the multi-carburettor motorbike set.  I also imagine it will be hugely
educational -- showing the next-door neighbour's kid, the girlfriend or the
wife what actually happens inside the combustion chamber.

The UK manufacturer can be found at:
http://www.gunson.co.uk/acatalog/index.html
Then look under "Gunson Products", then "Exhaust Gas Analysers/Mixture
Control".

Also available in the US at:
http://www.eastwoodco.com/email/default.asp?T1=46003
<http://www.eastwoodco.com/email/default.asp?T1=46003&SRCCODE=1CJBAN8>