[alfa] CarDisc (I'm SOL)

I found another archived message that says there's no fix for XP users with
pre-version 2.0 CarDiscs. I sent an e-mail to CarDisc, but I don't expect a
constructive reply.

I would not be happy to fork-out moiney again for a newer CarDisc. Does
anybody have a good lead on low-cost paper manuals or other CD manuals? I just
checked eBay. Can I borrow somebody's Version 2.0 CarDisc for a few days (to
be sure it works on XP)?

Grumble, grumble, planned obsolecense, Microsoft(TM) business model, forced
upgrades, grumble, grumble...

Karl