[alfa] How to run CarDisc 1.2 in Windows XP???

Time to retire my antique Win 98 machine. Just bought a Win XP machine.

My 1994/95 Alfa 164 CarDisc Version 1.2 doesn't work! I down loaded the XP
update from cardisc.com, but that doesn't solve the problem. That update is
intended for use with CarDisc Version 2.0.

I know others have been through this before. What's the best solution for
someone with limited patience?

I checked the archives and my specific problem wasn't addressed (CarDisc
Version 1.2)

I don't really want to do a disk partition and run another OS (PITA! IMHO, my
computer is an appliance. I stopped enjoying tinkering with computers about
the time Windows 3.1 came out...). Worst-case I'll keep the Win98 machine in
the garage near my tools!

Mille Grazie,
Karl