[alfa] Milano Cold Start Injector Question

I have always had a rough idle in my 87 Milano Gold. And it was also hard
to start when hot. A couple of weeks ago it didnt start when cold and had a
strong smell of fuel. There was alot of fuel in the intake hose and the
spark plugs were fouled and wet. It seemed to be traced back to a leaky
cold start valve. I replaced it with one from a parts car that I have that
had a perfect idle. For two days I had perfect starting and a great idle.
Then the car started with the rough idle again and really smells of fuel
from the exhaust. I took out the cold start valve and put it in a jar and
covered the hole. This one doesn't seem to be leaking, and the rough idle
is still present when the valve is removed. Any suggestions?..........did
the excess fuel foul my O2 sensor?.....Thanks for any input

Chris Poore
Anderson, SC