[alfa] Tracing (another) 164 electric mystery

While we have our electricians' hats on, I have another electrical
mystery on my 93 164L. My computer, or some semi-intelligent bit of
circuitry, frequently thinks the doors on the passenger side of the car
are open. (The truth is, the door or doors have been opened, but closed
and reclosed). The indicators on the instrument panel show door open -
sometimes one, sometimes both. The interior lights respond as if the
doors have been opened and left open beyond the timeout period - they
stay on for several minutes, then turn off - and stay off. This problem
persists for a week or more, then seems to "fix itself." Then when one of
the passenger-side doors is opened, the problem starts all over again. During
all of this, the doors all lock with the key from either the driver's or
passenger's front door - usually if a door is really open, that door
won't lock. I've turned the alarm system off because I don't trust the
signals it may be getting from the door circuitry. Anyone experienced
anything like this? Thanks. Pete WestaferAtlanta, GA