[alfa] valve adjustment woes

According to the 1973 Instructions for Alfa Romeo 2000 Fuel injection Models, the "M" mark is the timing mark for no load 5000 RPM and timing should be 27 to 33 degrees - timing should be +/- 3 degrees (I assume that the mark is at 30 degrees) = 3 mm or 0.12"

Gwynne Spencer

Also, I'm a little confused about the cam timing.. When the disty is pointing at #1, the pointer on the crank pulley is pointing at an "M" mark (I hope that means "maximo" or something... can't find my stupid reference book), and both valves are closed the cam lobes are nowhere near to pointing straight out. This may just be the way an injected 1750 is supposed to be, since the timing marks are awfully close at this point.