[alfa] Re: alfa turbos

At 3:48 PM +0000 1/26/04, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:10:12 +1100
From: "Dean" <tessiedog@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [alfa] Re: alfa turbos

The weak point in the 2lt or gtv 6 transaxle is the sungears in the
differential. A 250-300 hp engine will strip these gears if the car is
driven hard ( particularly if the engine delivers a lot of  torque i.e.:v6).
You will need a twinspark transaxle, and this is still not failsafe on high
hp cars. The ideal tail shaft replaces the donuts with cv joints and a race
clutch will be required for hard starts.
The V6 in my alfetta sedan slips the clutch between 3rd and 4th under power
because its a standard clutch (and its near new). Soon my entire g/box will
crap its self so im readying to buy a twinspark.
Cheers,
Dean.

Why is the TwinSpark transaxle more robust than the 2.5 or 3.0 V6 transaxle?

-Joe