RE: [alfa] Victory by Design...

<snip>
> > I'd guess that most of the cars that are being thrashed about are
> > mostly non-original in the first place.  So hammering a new panel to
> > replace a panel that is not original, what's the big deal?
<snip>

In the fwiw dept, I bought them all, and have been watching them on the long
distance flights to/from Rome (appropriate, don't you think?).

To me, it looks like he does a pretty damn good job of driving them all.  I
think it takes some skill and knowledge of those cars to deal with whatever
quirks were common to them for the era, he seems to motor along quite
quickly, getting loose on occasion but never really out of control.  Of
course, I don't know what got left on the editing room floor..

He does two things that irk me.  First, on startup, it seems that some times
the engine catches and he's on his way.  Sure, I know it's all properly
warmed up in advance, but it would seem that a few seconds for the oil
pressure to come up would be appropriate.

Second, his shut down method.  A lot of times I hear the engine rev up just
before it cuts out, many times, he's shut it off as he coasts to a stop.
Doesn't that wash down the cylinder liners?

I think that practice might have been appropriate when you're dealing with a
race car that's getting rebuilt after every race, but on these cars?

Oh well, I think he knows more than I do in these matters..

bs