> Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:01:24 +0000
> From: hagen_jason@domain.elided
> Subject: [alfa] Interesting air-flow meter issue & question on 24V LS/Q
>
> OK,
>
> Here's the deal.  You know of difficulty with warm or cold starting on the
LS and Q if you happen to own one of these 164's.

> In researching the motronic system, I ultimately decided to test the
air-intake temperature sensor that is installed in the air-flow sensor
(Bosch part).  The resistance values for this sensor and test I ran seem way
off.

> The problem is you apparently have to buy the whole air-flow assembly to
remedy this.  $500!  Does anyone know where to get these Bosch parts
directly at better prices?  Also, I have seen rebuilt air-flow meters
advertised, but not for my model.  Does anyone know the source of this
rebuilding.

> What I would love is to figure out where to get a new sensor and just
rebuild the unit myself.  Any ideas?

> Finally, if anyone has a good starting LS or Q and would be willing to
take a resistance meaurement for me, that would be fantastic (as I don't
trust the values in the Cardisc enough to drop $500!).  All you need to do
is measure the resistance between pins 1 and 4 on the airflow sensor(there
are only for pins so this makes it easy) after disconnecting the connector.
This only takes about 15 seconds of time under the hood.  Also, please note
the outside air-temperature.  Thanks for your assistance in advance.