Re: [alfa] Source for H-4 lights

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 14:15:52 EST RThefarm@domain.elided wrote:

> Does anyone remember about a year ago there was quite a bit of discussion
> about lighting and there was a link to a web site given that had great
> information on Automotive lighting and also sold all sorts of lights including some
> great H-4 set ups????  If I'm not mistaken I think that Richard even had installed
> one of these systems on one of his cars....  Well I was looking for my link I
> had to this site and couldn't find it anywhere - could someone please send me
> the contact information again.

the site has a new URL, actually (i just found that out while trying to verify
the old one):

   http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

i purchased a pair of 7" Cibie lights for my 1974 GTV. they look right (i
find the flat hellas don't look quite 60s/70s) and work very, very well.

stern argues that the Cibies have a better pattern than the Hellas. i'm
not able to verify that, but they do have a very nice pattern.

stern also sells relay kits; if you are working with an older Alfa, then
installing the relays is highly recommended (as otherwise you are
on borrowed time with the old headlight stalk, and they're made out
of unobtainium these days.)

stern is a friend of a friend, richard sexton who runs mbz.org for
mercedes owners hooked me up with him.

richard