[alfa] Mixing Oil Viscosities

Hey Alfa Folks,
I had a strange idea the other morning.
After having noticed that my oil pressure gauge in both my old GTV6 and the
one in my current 164L both read higher when I use a less viscous oil, I was
wondering:
What if a person were to custom mix off the shelf motor oils to get their oil
pressure gauge up outta the panic zone?

I know of course that the Alfa oil pressure gauges are unreliable and all
that yim-yam.
My GTV6 used to just freak me out when I'd put in a lighter oil and the gauge
wouldn't move at all. I'd have to peer into the filler hole to be sure that
oil was moving.
(The lighter oil was used for driving in extreme winter cold, like -20 to -30
temps).

Thanks for the input,
Jim Oiler
1991 164L (10/40 for me please)