[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #1074 Spica tool A4.0121, car trailers

Andrew & Kevin,

I have one of the Spica A4.0121 guages, and will have a try at an
engineering drawing using a makeshift surface plate and  calipers. No
promises, but I also have a Spica manual and will try to get the correct
critical dimensions that affect the guage function. This will probably take
a while; I am stripping parts off of my '76 Spider for a trip to an Ohio
body shop for paint & rockers, and also have to rebuild the suspension on
the trailer to haul the thing. For those of you with double axle car
trailers with leaf springs, be sure to inspect the spring shackles
connecting to the rocker between the front & rear springs, these shackles
are in tension, and the bolt holes can wear completely through the ends,
with unpleasant results. I replaced shackles 5 years ago, and now need
another set.

George Schweikle
Lexington, KY