[alfa] RE:YMMV etc

Hi All,

Thanks to all those who responded on & off list to my query.  It makes sense now!

Incidentally we never had this as all mileages quoted are determined by government test
standards as being the guarenteed minimum using an urban driving cycle with a maximum
speed of 100km/hr. In other words an actual test using a representative vehicle with a set
road route and specified speeds for a given distance to simulate both town and open
country driving.

Several car magazines duplicate the same test and report on the fuel consumption in their
test report for each new car released onto the local market to establish if the
manufacturers claims are valid.

John
Durban
South Africa