[alfa] SU carbies and internet abbreviations

Hi All,

Not wishing to correct the esteemed Mr Hertzman and his wealth of knowledge but, I think
you will find that SU stands for Skinner Union and not Skinner's Union.  Incidentally the
original SU carb was designed for the WO Bentley aero engine to allow the planes to fly
inverted.  Prior to this change the allied airmen were at a severe disadvantge to the
Bosch who at the time had already fitted fuel injection to the Luftwaffe planes and had no
problems flying inverted.  The aero version had a swivelling float chamber that always
kept the fuel the right way up, irrespective of the planes attitude.

A few other abbreviations for enlightenment.

FWIW = for what its worth
TIA = Thanks in anticipation
IIRC = If I remember correctly (or maybe I don't!)

The one I can't fathom out is YMMV?  Please somebody tell what it means.

John
Durban
South Africa