[alfa] FS: 93 Veloce

I have a 93 Veloce with only 42K miles, red with black interior, 5-speed, in
absolutely beautiful condition with no known problems and NO oil spots on
the floor underneath. People tell me it looks new. I installed a SONY radio
with 10-CD changer in the trunk and sold the original radio. Power antenna
works fine and the AC is cold. I'm the third owner - I bought it in October
1999 with 20K miles on it and it has been serviced by Dino at Alfahaus in
Charlotte ever since. I hit a deer in Oct 2000. The only damage was to sheet
metal - alignment wasn't affected at all. But the car was garaged for 7
months while procuring new bumper, headlight, nose, fender, and hood -
bumper had to be remanufactured in Italy. Body shop did miraculous work -
you can't tell where the new paint ends, except for the very slightest
quarter-inch bubble that hasn't varied for two years. I have service records
from the first and third owners. I'm selling it (reluctantly - this really
hurts) because Dino closed his shop recently and I'm not a mechanic. Peter
Krause in Raleigh is too far away (if he's still there - his old URL doesn't
work). I've always parked it under a roof & with a car-cover, haven't driven
it in bad weather, and have paste-waxed it every 6 months. I bought a new
Big Sky gray WeatherShield cover in June 2003 and it's included - I put a
12-inch square window in the cover so the University could see my parking
hang-tag. It got new belts and front wheel rotors/pads/bearings at 30K, a
new windshield (Alfa OEM) at 32K, new Michelin tires at 36K, and a new
battery last summer. Dino replaced the center muffler and did a valve
adjustment about 1000 miles ago as he was closing up. The top boot isn't
really functional - it was cut wrong and the brackets on one side were
already broken when I bought the car (apparently from trying to make it
fit). I want $9,500 for it.

Steve Mosier
mosier@domain.elided
Charlotte, NC