Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 23:27:40 -0500
From: "John Hertzman" <johnhertzman@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] O-rings (was: Oil Leaks on Alfa Four)
In AD9-1056 Russ Neely writes "In days of old, the O rings would not
retain their shape - they would turn to a pretzel shape. Then someone came up with the idea of putting roll pins in the passage where the head joins the block. Plus a material called Vitron came along. Vitron O rings plus the roll pins to keep them round seems to have solved the problem on most late model Alfa four cylinders. I am not sure exactly when Alfa started putting the roll pins in at the factory. But I am pretty sure all L Jetronic spiders had them, so the change may have been about 1982."