[alfa] 45 mm Webers

A quote from Kartalamakis "The modified 2000 engine really needs 45mm carbs
for power outputs over 145 bhp."

I think that Sperry recommended 45's with oversize inlet valves and of
course Alfa fitted them as standard to TI Supers and GTA's.

On the other hand, English Alfa engine builder Bob Dove wrote that a
"...unless you are going to race you are just as well with 40's and fit 34mm
chokes" .But he also said that a car with 45's and 12mm 292 cams "drove
nicely on the road".(private communication)

I'm no expert either, but there may be a case for 45's if the rest of the
engine is hot.

Ed Prytherch.

David wrote:
>I cannot speak depthfully about this so please inquire of a true
expert; however, my semi-educated guess is that the installation of 45s
in your car may be emotionally of benefit, but I cannot imagine that it
would have positive results in performance in your car.   They may even
be detrimental.  40 DCOEs are more than adequate unless you are
building a very serious race car.<